An Introduction To Hierarchical Displacement Elements And The Adaptive Technique
The 'Adaptive Technique' is the capability for re-analysis with a minimum of additional data preparation and user interaction and is based on a special finite element formulation which is referred to as the 'Hierarchical Formulation'.
This paper gives an introductory insight into the capability and concentrates on displacement based element.
1. Conventional Displacement Axial Elements
2. Hierarchical Displacement Axial Elements
3. Hierarchical Displacement Quadrilateral Membrane
4. Hierarchical Displacement Hexahedron Solids
5. The p-Version of the Finite Element Method
6. Example using a hierarchical Displacement Axial
7. Acknowledgement and Comments
£20 | $26 | €24
£100 | $127 | €118
Order Ref: P13
First Published - August 1986
Softback, 114 Pages