How Simulation Helps Manufacturing Processes
25 May 2017, Bilbao, Spain
REGISTER for the FREE NAFEMS-Iberia SeminarAbstracts have been accepted!
NAFEMS has recently created a new Manufacturing process Simulation Working Group (MANWG) whose objective is to promote the safe, reliable and efficient use of numerical tools for manufacturing processes.
NAFEMS-Iberia has joined with the MANWG group to arrange a seminar dedicated to manufacturing simulation to create more awareness for the benefits of using numerical simulation to drive cost reduction and the concept of zero-prototyping across a range of sectors. The seminar will take place in Bilbao, close to one of the large manufacturing areas in Spain.
The seminar will present a variety of industrial applications in an attempt to create awareness and further promote the use of simulation thereby improving processes, systems and decision-making while reducing costs. Aspects such as Uncertainty Quantification, Verification & Validation are encouraged. All sectors are welcome and we would encourage companies to seek and collaborate cross-sector.
Example applications could be: die-casting, injection molding, sheet pressing, forging, casting, machining, robotics, systems simulation, etc.
The seminar will include an invited speaker and various other presentations.
- 09:30 Registration. Coffee in sponsor table area.
- 10:10 Welcome by NAFEMS-Iberia
- 10:15 Presentation by NAFEMS
- 10:20 The Benefits of Using Manufacturing Process Simulation.
Trevor Dutton (NAFEMS Manufacturing WG)
- 11:00 Numerical simulation of sheet metal forming processes for the automotive industry. From laboratory characterization to industrial cases. Lander Galdos (Mondragon University)
- 11:20 Computational Techniques to Study Material Damage in High Temperature Metal Forming Processes.
Ángel Escolán (Itainnova)
- 11:40 Finite element evaluation of distortions in large welded assemblies. M. Armindo Guerrero (ITMA)
- 12:05 Snack in sponsor table area
- 12:55 How Simulation and Model Adjustments Helps Metal Casting Processes.
Eva Anglada (Tecnalia)
- 13:15 Improvement of Investment Casting Soundness through Insulation Wrapping Scheme Parametric Optimization.
Xabier Esquisabel (PRECICAST)
- 13:35 Development Of A Numerical Methodology To Predict Process Induced Distortions On SLM Components And Its Application On Two Real Components.
Iñaki Setien (Lortek)
- 13:55 Prediction of residual stresses and distortion caused by additive manufacturing processes in an aeronautical mechanical component.
Gorka Fernandez (Mizar Additive Manufacturing)
- 14:20 Snack in sponsor table area
- 15:10 Water Injection Technology Simulation for Weight Reduction. Fernando Burguera (Batz)
- 15:30 FEniCS CFD simulation in additive manufacturing with a cloud computing infrastructure.
Johan Jansson (BCAM)
- 15:50 Analysis of the effect of the clamping parameters in a Wire and Arc Additive Manufacturing process through numerical modelling.
Haritz Vellejo (Tecnalia)
- 16:15 Questions & Answers
- 16:30 Close
AIC-Automotive Intelligence Center
Parque Empresarial Boroa
Members Price: FREE
Non-Members Price: FREE
Order Ref: IberiaManu17
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Bilbao Spain
Date: May 25, 2017
Free places are available on this event for NAFEMS member companies, subject to membership type and remaining credits. Please login to request free places.
Sponsor this Event
There are a range of sponsorship and exhibition packages available for this event. Click here to find out more.