How Simulation Helps Manufacturing Processes
25 May 2017, Bilbao, Spain
REGISTER for the FREE NAFEMS-Iberia SeminarAbstracts have been accepted!
NAFEMS has recently created a new Manufacturing process Simulation Working Group (MANWG) whose objective is to promote the safe, reliable and efficient use of numerical tools for manufacturing processes.
NAFEMS-Iberia has joined with the MANWG group to arrange a seminar dedicated to manufacturing simulation to create more awareness for the benefits of using numerical simulation to drive cost reduction and the concept of zero-prototyping across a range of sectors. The seminar will take place in Bilbao, close to one of the large manufacturing areas in Spain.
The seminar will present a variety of industrial applications in an attempt to create awareness and further promote the use of simulation thereby improving processes, systems and decision-making while reducing costs. Aspects such as Uncertainty Quantification, Verification & Validation are encouraged. All sectors are welcome and we would encourage companies to seek and collaborate cross-sector.
Example applications could be: die-casting, injection molding, sheet pressing, forging, casting, machining, robotics, systems simulation, etc.
The seminar will include an invited speaker and various other presentations.
- 09:30 Registration. Coffee in sponsor table area.
- 10:10 Welcome by NAFEMS-Iberia
- 10:15 Presentation by NAFEMS
- 10:20 The Benefits of Using Manufacturing Process Simulation.
Trevor Dutton (NAFEMS Manufacturing WG)
- 11:00 Numerical simulation of sheet metal forming processes for the automotive industry. From laboratory characterization to industrial cases. Lander Galdos (Mondragon University)
- 11:20 Computational Techniques to Study Material Damage in High Temperature Metal Forming Processes.
Ángel Escolán (Itainnova)
- 11:40 Finite element evaluation of distortions in large welded assemblies. M. Armindo Guerrero (ITMA)
- 12:05 Snack in sponsor table area
- 12:55 How Simulation and Model Adjustments Helps Metal Casting Processes.
Eva Anglada (Tecnalia)
- 13:15 Improvement of Investment Casting Soundness through Insulation Wrapping Scheme Parametric Optimization.
Xabier Esquisabel (PRECICAST)
- 13:35 Development Of A Numerical Methodology To Predict Process Induced Distortions On SLM Components And Its Application On Two Real Components.
Iñaki Setien (Lortek)
- 13:55 Prediction of residual stresses and distortion caused by additive manufacturing processes in an aeronautical mechanical component.
Gorka Fernandez (Mizar Additive Manufacturing)
- 14:20 Snack in sponsor table area
- 15:10 Water Injection Technology Simulation for Weight Reduction. Fernando Burguera (Batz)
- 15:30 FEniCS CFD simulation in additive manufacturing with a cloud computing infrastructure.
Johan Jansson (BCAM)
- 15:50 Analysis of the effect of the clamping parameters in a Wire and Arc Additive Manufacturing process through numerical modelling.
Haritz Vellejo (Tecnalia)
- 16:15 Questions & Answers
- 16:30 Close
AIC-Automotive Intelligence Center
Parque Empresarial Boroa
Members Price: FREE
Non-Members Price: FREE
Order Ref: IberiaManu17
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Bilbao Spain
Date: May 25, 2017
Sponsor this Event
There are a range of sponsorship and exhibition packages available for this event. Click here to find out more.