We are a not-for-profit organisation which was established in 1983.
Our principal aims are to:
We focus on the practical application of numerical engineering simulation techniques such the Finite Element Method for Structural Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Multibody Simulation. In addition to end users from all industry sectors, our stakeholders include technology providers, researchers and academics.
Priority Goals for the Development of the Organisation
NAFEMS strives to continually evolve the ways in which it operates and to constantly improve the extent to which it fulfils the primary aims that are listed above. The Council of Management has established the following priority goals for the development of the organisation:
- Increase our global reach
- Enlarge our technological breadth
- Strengthen our involvement in the provision of simulation training and extend the training material that is available
- Publish up to date practical simulation cases of value and substance to simulation engineers
- Expand the information that is available on different simulation techniques and the various simulation tools that are provided
- Further develop services for the exchange of simulation information between specialists worldwide on topics of particular interest
- Improve our interaction with existing member companies and communicate with an increased number of individuals within those companies.
Click for information on a NAFEMS Membership