Benefits of Simulation
Awareness Seminar on 25th March
2019 in Zagreb, Croatia
NAFEMS is a not-for-profit engineering membership association and part of our mission is to improve the competitiveness of companies through encouraging them to adopt engineering simulation.
To assist with this goal we are organising this one day seminar in Zagreb on Monday, 25th March 2019.
This seminar is a genuine endeavour to equip the attendees with relevant information on the overall value of engineering simulation to a business, and how it is increasingly a requirement for continued innovation and the ongoing competitiveness of companies.
Large companies in industries like automotive and aerospace appreciate the value of simulation but for industries where the use of simulation is not as mature the value that simulation can bring is less well understood. Small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) need advice on how to justify investment in simulation in ways that reflect the limited resources that are available.
Most businesses involved in producing a product are faced with a number of major business challenges, including:
- Increasing competition;
- Increasing expectations of value;
- Quality expectations;
- Increased customisation;
- Model proliferation – resulting in shorter useful product life,• Less time to get to the profit stage;
- Less time at the profit stage.
The ‘Benefits of Simulation Seminar’ therefore aims to:
- Demonstrate the business value of simulation, particularly for SMBs and industries where simulation is not a mature capability;
- Identify successful implementation of simulation which have provided a noticeable return on investment and promote the lessons learned from these implementations;
- Disseminate techniques that will allow organisations to maximise their investment in simulation, including change management, skills development and simulation management;
- Provide guidance on different methods of deploying a simulation capability.
Simulation has, and will continue to play a major role in product and process innovation. New ideas have to be tested, qualified and refined before they can be put into practice or introduced to the market.
Call for Presentations
This seminar will provide an opportunity for delegates to learn how engineering simulation adds value to their business. It also provides a rare opportunity to network with peers who are faced with similar challenges and to exchange experiences.
- Case studies illustrating how different types of engineering simulation have been used to improve overall value, continued innovation and ongoing competitiveness to a business;
- Examples showing the challenges faced by companies.
The event brings together researchers, developers, teachers, and users of engineering simulation to present new results, exchange ideas and discuss the challenges.
In the first instance, abstracts of 300-600 words should be submitted for consideration by 31st January 2019.
Abstracts must be clearly marked with presentation title, author's name, organisation, address, phone numbers and email address.
Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be asked to prepare an extended abstract (typically 2-4 pages) and a Power Point presentation - full written papers are not required. NAFEMS prides itself on its independence and neutrality so we kindly request that submissions avoid any overt commercialism.
You are invited to submit an abstract by e-mail to email@example.com.
Palace Hotel Zagreb
Trg J.J. Strossmayera 10
T: +385 1 4899639
For those who wish to feel the spirit of Zagreb as it once was, the Palace Hotel Zagreb located in an Art Nouveau palace dating from 1891, with a tradition of hospitality dating from 1907, is certainly the right choice. Experience the “authentic” Zagreb that will enthrall you with its beauty, charm and uniqueness. Located in the centre of Zagreb immediately next to the old city park.
Please note registration invoices will be sent by email in due seminar and will include Croatian VAT of 25%.
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Zagreb Croatia
Date: March 25, 2019
There is an opportunity available for your company to exhibit at the seminar, giving you maximum exposure to a highly targeted audience of delegates, who are all directly involved in simulation, analysis, and design.
Please contact Jo Davenport at NAFEMS if you would like more information.
tel: +44 (0)1355 225688