Call for Papers - NAFEMS Nordic Seminar:
Prediction by Using Advanced Material Models
2 - 3 April 2019, Lund, Sweden
Abstract submission deadline: 7 December (extended!)
Call for Papers
Advanced material models offer tremendous potential in terms of accurate numerical model prediction. Increasing interest in different constitutive models has also been fuelled by the rising popularity of modern engineering materials such as thermoplastics, elastomers and other polymers.
At the same time engineers are frequently using advanced material models to explore the behavior of conventional materials, taking account of aspects such as rate dependence, cyclic loading, creep , plasticity and damage, to name but a few.Use of these material models certainly presents many challenges though, including:
- Is the model adequate to accurately represent the material response for the given loading and environmental conditions?
- Is sufficient material data available to allow an appropriate model fit?
- Can a more advanced model be implemented with an acceptable numerical efficiency?
This seminar provides an opportunity for delegates to learn how the many modeling issues related to this topic are addressed. It also provides a rare opportunity to network with peers who are faced with similar challenges and to exchange experiences within material modeling challenges and advantages.
- Case studies illustrating how different types materials have been analysed and assessed us-ing simulation techniques
- Examples showing the challenges faced by using existing material models to represent new and traditional materials
- Research studies showing potential new constitutive models
The conference will include keynotes, technical presentations, and exhibits.
You are invited to submit an abstract by latest 7 December 2018 (extended deadline) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your NAFEMS Nordic team
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Lund Sweden
Date: April 2, 2019
NAFEMS members: Free 1)
Members without credits: 4.400 SEK
Non NAFEMS members: 6.500 SEK
Students: Free 2)
1) NAFEMS members can use seminar credits towards free attendance at this event. This event will charge three seminar credits per delegate.
2) A limited number of students attend free of charge (first come, first serve – matriculation certificate required).
Presenters need to pay regular participation fees.
The registration fee includes conference attendance, proceedings, lunch, break refreshments and get together. Hotel accommodation is not included.
All prices plus 25% Swedish VAT.
Elite Hotel Ideon
223 63 Lund, Swede
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
There are several opportunities for exhibition and sponsoring. Please download the brochure below.
NAFEMS Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz GmbH
NAFEMS Contact for Nordic
Griesstraße 20, 85567 Grafing b. München, Germany
Phone: +49 176 217 984 01,
Fax: +49 3 22 11 08 99 13 41
Events - Cancellation Policy
Please note NAFEMS cancellation policy for all DACH events is as follows:
Cancellation up to 6 weeks before the event date: free of charge;
Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: 75% of registration fee non-refundable;
Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: all seminar credits non-refundable;
Less that one week and no show at the event: 100% of registration fee non-refundable.
NAFEMS will discuss the possibility of transferring to an alternative event/course, however an administration charge will be applicable.
This policy is subject to change.