Providing marine focused ship and submarine structural design and analysis services. BMT provides design and analysis services throughout all stages of a structure’s lifecycle. We have a broad structures capability, addressing requirements setting and feasibility studies through to plan approval and detailed design for a range of marine structures.
The structural design and analysis team at BMT use of a wide range of tools to offer flexibility in meeting customer needs and requirements.
These tools are combined with our in-depth expertise to provide:
• Design for marine structures
• General Arrangement (GA) development
• Design to commercial, classification and defence standards
• Structural Surveys
• Design from first principles
• Linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA), including ultimate strength and damaged strength assessment
• Structural analysis for shock and vibration
• Knowledge of metallic and nonmetallic materials
• Independent Design Reviews
• Training Support Delivery
• Draughting, 3D Modelling, Laser Scanning and Visual Imagery Development
For more information see: www.bmt.org/industries/defence-and-security/