NAFEMS Nordic Student Award
2021/2022 & 2022/2023
Award for outstanding student work in the field of modeling, analysis and simulation
In recognition of the importance of the university sector to the advancement of numerical simulation, and to encourage students to work in these fields, NAFEMS has established a student competition! The award is aimed at those who are completing a project that involves the use of engineering simulation techniques such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics or multi-body dynamics, boundary element method etc.
Submission deadline for both years (2021/2022 and 2022/2023): 12 July 2024
Total prize money: 2.000 Euro
Submit your work
How to participate, rules and regulations: see below
Print out the poster and display it in your university.
Rules and regulations
- The nomination is open to all students enrolled at a higher education institution in NORDIC in the academic year 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
- The submitted work can be an individual work or a group work, whereas only one representative will be invited to present. If the work is part of a larger, ongoing project for an organization, it is eligible for nomination if it provides significant standalone work or if it is a change/extension to an existing feature of the larger project. In this case, the student must clarify this in the compilation and also make it clear what contribution he has made.
- The full project must be completed by 12 July 2024 and must be in writing.
- The project supervisor must testify that the contestant is a matriculated student for the academic year in question and that the results are the nominee’s own work.
- The nominee may be required to attend an interview. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- The submitted work must to a considerable extent use technical simulation technologies such as FEM, CFD, MBD, BEM, etc.
- The period since the completion of the work may not exceed 2 years.
- Criteria for the assessment of the work are, among other things, the content level, the degree of innovation of the solutions, the quality of the presentation of the process/results, the significance and value of the project (task), etc.
- The deadline for the full project submission is 12 July 2024.