Design and Manufacturing Simulation of Additive Manufacturing Components
1-Day Awareness Seminar on Thursday, 28th September
Additive Manufacturing (AM) offers many benefits over traditional manufacturing technique. In particular its deployment in the medical industry for dental and biomedical implants has been vast. The inherent nature of the AM process allows the creation of near perfect reproduction.
The application of the AM in other industries such as Aerospace, Defence and Automotive has already produced spectacular weight savings without compromising component performance. AM technology allows the generation of complex geometries and lattice structures to make lighter and more efficient components, these component design could not be realised using traditional manufacturing techniques.
However, AM is sometime away to being industrialised in these sectors. The weight and performance benefits of components redesigned for AM is proven. To ensure these gains are not eroded it is vital that a simulation process for AM is established to provide the engineer with the tools and design guidelines to maximise the true potential of AM.
This NAFEMS seminar will bring together leading experts in AM to discuss current challenges, latest simulation techniques and how they are being deployed by leading companies. A particular focus on designing for AM, residual stress and component distortion and support structure design.
Why Should You Attend?
- Learn how industry end users are using AM technology, and how this is being applied to solve challenges.
- Understand the end-to-end process for AM and how your organisation could benefit from this technology.
- Network with individuals involved in AM and high value design and manufacturing.
Who should attend?
- Small, medium and large organisations that utilise engineering design as part of their product to market process.
- Organisations with an interest in the use of composites,additive manufacturing and the stages involved in developing, designing and manufacturing products.
- The event is open to both members and non-members of NAFEMS.
Will be available shortly.
T: +44 (0)2476 701600
Map & directions: http://www.the-mtc.org/pdf/Getting-to-The-MTC-2017.pdf*PLEASE NOTE this postcode may not work in older sat nav systems. Please use CV7 9RD, which will direct you to Ansty Park or refer to the directions on the link above.
£175 | $223 | €200
£250 | $319 | €285
Order Ref: UKAM17
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Coventry UK
Date: September 28, 2017
Free places are available on this event for NAFEMS member companies, subject to membership type and remaining credits. Please login to request free places.
There is an opportunity available for your company to exhibit at the seminar, giving you maximum exposure to a highly targeted audience of delegates, who are all directly involved in simulation, analysis, and design.
Please contact Jo Davenport at NAFEMS if you would like more information.
tel: +44 (0)1355 225688
Please note NAFEMS cancellation policy for all UK events is as follows:-
- Cancellation up to 6 weeks before the event date: free of charge;
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: 75% of registration fee non-refundable;
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: all seminar credits non-refundable;
- No show at the event: 100% of registration fee non-refundable;
NAFEMS will discuss the possibility of transferring to an alternative event, however an administration charge will be applicable.
This policy is subject to change.