1. Applicants who are dissatisfied with the decision about their application or who have been removed from the PSE Register may appeal within a period of 30 days from receipt of written confirmation.
2. Prior to an appeal being made, applicants are encouraged to resolve the issues through discussion with the Professional Simulation Engineer Scheme Co-ordinator.
3. All documentation will be made available to the Appeals Committee. In the case of an application they will carry out a review of the application and any additional information supplied by the applicant or their referees. In the case of removal from the PSE Register they will examine the evidence that led to the removal and any additional information supplied by the applicant or their sponsors.
4. Any appeal shall include the grounds on which it is made and any written supporting evidence, and shall be submitted in writing to the Chief Executive within 30 days of receipt by the applicant of the notification from NAFEMS.
5. The Chief Executive (or, in the Chief Executive’s absence, a member of the NAFEMS Council of Management) shall review the appeal within 30 days of its receipt to decide if a case exists to review the decision.
6. If a case is deemed not to exist, the appeal shall be rejected. The applicant shall be informed of this within 30 days of receipt by NAFEMS of the appeal.
7. If a case is deemed to exist, the appeal shall be referred to the Appeals Committee. The appeal shall be considered by the committee following the referral. The committee shall report its decision to the Council of Management.
8. The Appeals Committee will consist of the Chief Executive, the Chairman of the Education and Training Working Group and a member of the Council of Management.
9. The final decision on the appeal shall rest with the Council of Management. The Chief Executive shall inform the applicant of the outcome of the appeal within 30 days of the decision of the Council.