This book is a continuation of the “How to ...” and “Why to ...” set of booklets published by NAFEMS, designed to guide both new and experienced analysts in a range of problem types. These booklets are written to introduce various analysis methodologies to both engineering managers and engineers, in a straightforward and informed manner. They are complemented by more detailed publications from NAFEMS, for example, “Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis through Illustrative Benchmarks” and “A Finite Element Primer”.
This book aims to provide guidance on the usage of commercially available finite element analysis tools for the solution of practical problems. The emphasis is on error free and effective usage of these ready-to-use programs.
The intended readership includes all practicing analysts although the book is written with the fresh graduate engineer in mind. The author expects that a new practitioner will attain sufficient knowledge to independently carry out analysis of challenging problems after fully understanding the example problems.
This book is complementary to an important earlier NAFEMS publication, namely “A Dynamics Primer” by Dennis Hitchings.
1. Introduction and Background to FEA
2. Introduction to Dynamics
3. Introduction to Equation of Motion
4. Practical Natural Frequency Analysis
5. Rigid Body Modes
6. Importance of Mass Modeling
7. Accurate Idealization
8. Quality Assurance forNormal Modes Analysis
9. A Modal Based Approach
11. Forcing Functions – Response Analysis
12. Transient Response Analysis
13. Frequency Response Analysis
15. Abbreviations and Acronyms
16. Appendix A: Modal Effective Mass
17. NAFEMS PSE Competencies Covered in This Publication
|Audiences||Analyst Educator Student|
|Date||15th August 2018|
|Order Ref||HT47 Book|
|Member Price||£30.00 | $37.25 | €33.21|
|Non-member Price||£120.00 | $148.98 | €132.84|