Manufacturing Processes & Additive Manufacturing
Are you interested in simulation's role in advancing the digital factory and manufacturing processes? Relatively new processes, such as additive manufacturing/3D printing, promise benefits of lightweighting through generatively designed parts that place materials only where needed and internal lattice structures with varying densities; reduced part complexity via consolidation; and even on-the-fly material property customization. But, like any manufacturing process, simulation methodologies and best practices need to be implemented before 3D printing can reach its full industrial manufacturing potential.
If you're looking for simulation best practices and guidance in manufacturing processes, you should be part of CAASE 18.
CAASE, the Conference on Advancing Analysis & Simulation in Engineering, will cover the following topics, addressing every aspect of engineering analysis and simulation during a 3-day program:
Theme #3: Making the CAASE for Advancing Manufacturing Processes & Additive Manufacturing
- Practical Aspects of Analysis and Certification of Additive Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing Process Analysis
- Defect Prediction Analysis (e.g., distortion, residual stress, etc.)
- Additive Manufacturing Process Design & Control
- Multiscale / Multiphysics Additive Manufacturing Process Simulation
- Micro-Structure & Simulated Materials Properties
- Process-Oriented Additive Manufacturing Modeling (e.g., powder bed, wire-feed, robotic 3D printing, hybrid CNC machines, etc.)
- Product Design Based on Additive Manufacturing
- Design Methodology (i.e., explore upstream product design)
- Modeling Methodology for Product Design (e.g., thermo-mechanical modeling)
- Topology Optimization (e.g., shape, lattices, supports, etc.)
- Analysis and Certification of 3D Printed Parts
- Analysis Methodology
- Product Performance, Failure Criteria & Margin of Safety
- Verification & Validation of Additive Manufacturing Simulation & 3D Printed Parts
- Simulation of Manufacturing Methodologies & Processes
- Injection Molding
- Sheet Metal Forming
- Adhesive Bonding
- Heat Treatment
- Discrete Manufacturing Process
- Smart Manufacturing System
Did we miss a topic in this theme?
It's quite possible that we may have missed a topic, or few, from the list above. This list was not meant to be completely comprehensive, rather highlighting areas which have been covered at this event in the past. If you would like to see this list amended to include any areas missed, simply send us an email with your suggestion.
Also, be sure to look at the topics listed under the three other CAASE18 themes:
- Theme #1: Driving Design of Physical Systems, Components & Products
- Theme #2: Implementing Simulation Governance & Democratization
- Theme #4: Addressing Business Strategies & Challenges
Interested in submitting an abstract for presentation at CAASE18? Visit the "Call for Presentations" page for additional details.